PureCalm Native Remedies Review: Mood Enhancer
We market this herbal supplement as a calming, mood enhancing remedy. Native Remedies claims that the product should be taken during times of stress or high pressure, which can be noticed with symptoms such as increased heart rate, headache, and faster breathing. The formula contains “unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs”, which hopefully allows you to “settle rough seas and welcome calm waters”.
If you’re wondering how all of this relates to cognitive function, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered. Stress has one of the worst effects on the brain. In the long-term it can cause shrinking of the hippocampus – the hub responsible for memory – and in the short-term it can prevent learning, worsen memory capacity, hinder reasoning and slow down thinking. Also, enhanced mood leads to improved motivation, which will have you being more productive and alert during working hours. So let’s see if PureCalm actually meets its claim and is a product worth buying.
Each bottle contains 3 herbal extracts, all of which have been tested scientifically. Don’t let the short list of ingredients put you off; oftentimes the simpler the better, because a simple formula means each ingredient has a chance to actually shine through and bring result instead of hindering each other’s properties.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis): Lemon balm is rumored to have been used the goddess Diana in ancient Greek times to improve skin condition and maintain good health. On top of its relaxing properties, this herb actually contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties, making it a great choice to boost overall wellbeing. Lemon balm is often incorporated into sleep enhancing formulas because it causes the body to decompress and relax, which can induce sleep.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): Packed with tannins, coumarins, flavonoids, triterpenoids and volatile oil. People often use it as part of ‘herbal tonics’ to cleanse the body, relieve pain and release any kind of tension. Lavender’s calming properties allows it to reduce anxiety and lower stress.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate): Also has calming effects. It can increase levels of GABA in the brain, which essentially slows down brain activity and puts you in a calmer state. You can use Passionflower to treat both insomnia and stress.
“I have used this product for over a year. Sometimes it works and sometimes II am not sure. I will continue to keep it on hand when I will be in stress. I would recommend a try for anyone under a lot of stress. It is a natural product with no side effects. It does not interfere with operating machinery and just makes you calmer.”
- Watts on Amazon.com
“It did not work for my son. May be because he is severe ADHD, it made him more hyper. It may work differently for somebody, but it didn’t work for him, but everybody is different and if one thing doesn’t suit somebody, something else will.”
- Yajur Maker on Amazon.com
“It doesn’t help much. I play guitar, and a steady hand with good coordination is necessary. Beta blockers ruin my coordination. I need something. that can reduce the tremors but not ruin the coordination.”
- Ed Waite on Amazon.com
Pro’s and Con’s
- Produces calming, soothing effects
- All-natural formula
- May induce sleep (if needed)
- On the pricier side
- Does not work for some people
- May cause sleepiness when used during the day
Cost and Summary of PureCalm
PureCalm Native Remedies comes in a bottle with a dropper. The standard 50 mL bottle costs around $35.06, which is a bit more expensive than other sleep-inducing formulas but isn’t too bad. They suggest to mix 10-20 drops serving in water and the bottle provides around 73 servings, which can last you over 2 months. While the formula contains 3 very good and well-known substances with relaxing properties, we worry that the product will induce sleep if taken during the day.
For those who want to relax but still feel alert and active would not do too well with this product, because its ingredients work by lowering brain activity and calming the nervous system. If you’re curious to try this product then feel free to order it online via Amazon.com or NativeRemedies.com. However, if you’re clumsy or can’t be bothered with the hassle of working with liquids then check out some of our top 5 favorite nootropic formulas – all of which come in capsule form.
Total Score: 80%
Price: $35.06 (as seen on DrugStore.com)
PureCalm™ for Naturally Soothed Nerves
- Herbal supplement for promoting feelings of calm during times of pressure, stress, or nervous tension.
- Supports soothed nerves for managing busy schedules and everyday worries.
- Promotes harmony, balanced emotions, and addresses nervousness.
- Supports feelings of well-being and relaxation.
- Promotes health and balance in the brain and nervous system.
Mark selections below to see product availability This item is not available at this time.
- How To Use
Natural Treatment for Symptoms of Stress
PureCalm™; is a 100% safe and effective, non-addictive, natural herbal supplement. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine to promote feelings of calm and relaxation in times of stress or worry, PureCalm™ helps to maintain harmony, health, and a positive emotional outlook.
PureCalm™ contains a scientifically chosen selection of herbs known to soothe and support nervous system health. Using a unique, therapeutic blend of herbal ingredients lemon balm, lavender, and passion flower in a concentrated tincture formula, PureCalm™ provides support for balanced emotions and feelings of nervousness without risk of side effects.
To learn more about this product’s individual natural ingredients, click the “INGREDIENTS” tab.
PureCalm™ contains no artificial colors or preservatives and is available in a convenient, concentrated tincture formula that can be taken directly via drops in the mouth or added to your favorite beverage. PureCalm™ is also a great complementary herbal remedy to MindSoothe™, an herbal supplement for supporting emotional health and wellness, as well as a balanced mood.
To ensure the safety of PureCalm™ and provide the highest quality, most effective product, we use only Premium Whole Herb manufacturing. This process excludes the use of any chemical solvents during extraction and maintains the balance and harmony of the whole herb and its active ingredients.
Symptoms of Stress & Nervousness
All of modern everyday life’s demands – work, children, marriage, deadlines, bills, errands – require constant attention and shifting focus. Juggling multiple roles and responsibilities while trying not to drop the ball can turn into stress.
In small doses this is not necessarily a bad thing. Average amounts of stress can keep you alert and ensure that tasks get crossed off the list. Stress is life’s little push that often helps us cope. Usually we stay in healthy balance, but sometimes life throws a curveball and, suddenly, the balance is lost. When stress becomes too much, its abundance can affect both our psychological and physical well-being.
Signs of excessive stress or nervousness include, but are not limited to, constant worry about everyday activities, feelings of anxiousness, physical tension or fatigue, problems concentrating, feeling burned out, and problems falling asleep.
Though easier said than done, identifying the root causes of our stress can make coping with it easier going forward. And while it’s impossible to plan for all of life’s challenges, it is possible to minimize stress’s impact and learn to live with it in a more productive way.
Other Treatments for Stress & Nervousness
Support a healthy and productive response to stress with these tips:
- Practice: Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and deep breathing can help.
- Get enough sleep: You may be more productive if your mind and body are well-rested.
- Exercise: Physical activity is vital for stress and releasing happiness-inducing endorphins.
- Eat healthy: A balanced diet, avoiding temporary ‘sugar highs” that may be followed by fatigue, can energize the body and mind.
- Talk: Sometimes airing your concerns and getting the support of others can put problems into perspective.
- Manage your time: Stress can be avoided by planning ahead, trying not to procrastinate, and making time for loved ones.
- Be positive: Keep a sense of humor and try not to stress yourself out by focusing on worst-case scenarios.
- Be realistic: Acknowledge your limits, your abilities, and your control in any given situation.
What are the ingredients?
PureCalm™ is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Lavender, Lemon balm, Passion flower.
- Lemon balm Lemon balm has long been favored for use in all complaints that were supposed to “proceed from a disorders state of the nervous system.” It is used for anxiety, stress, insomnia, dyssomnia, and restlessness. Lemon balm is used for psychological conditions, including hysteria, and melancholia.
- Certified Organic Lavender flower is another well-known herb that is found in countries all over the world. Lavender contains active ingredients such as tannins, coumarins, flavonoids, triterpenoids and volatile oil. It is best known for its soothing properties and as a tonic to support the nervous system. Orally, lavender is used for various psychological conditions, including anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, and nervousness.
- Wild crafted Passion Flower Herb is very highly regarded by traditional herbalists for its soothing properties and support of the nervous system. Passion flower is used for insomnia, anxiety, and adjustment disorder with anxious mood. It is also used orally for preoperative anxiety and sedation.
- Inactive ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, deionized water.
How To Use
How do I use PureCalm™?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice, or drop directly into the mouth.
Adults & Children 15+:Take 0.50 mL 3 times daily.
Children 10-14:Take 0.25 mL 3 times daily.
Children 6-9:Take 1 drop per year of age.
Children 3-6:We recommend homeopathic Triple Complex Calm Tonic™
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not yet been established. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep out of reach of children.
Note: For ongoing support, it is recommended that PureCalm™ be used concurrently with MindSoothe™.
How long until I see results?
People can differ widely in their response times to natural remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt. Best results are achieved when it is used consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
Get optimum results with regular use..
Natural remedies strive to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
People respond to natural remedies in different ways. To ensure you receive optimum results it is important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance amount is beneficial for ongoing support.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of PureCalm™ will last approximately 40-80 days (depending on frequency of use).
PureCalm™ is a complex calming remedy that should be taken at the first signs of emotional distress, upset or times of high pressure, as it will help promote relaxation and positive thinking, minus the risk of addiction, drowsiness or other dangerous side effects. It contains a unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs known for their beneficial effects on the nervous system, especially Lemon balm and Passion flower. PureCalm™ also contains Lavender, also widely known for its soothing properties.