MOAPPP Annual Awards
Each year, MOAPPP honors individuals, agencies, policy makers and programs that make outstanding contributions in the areas of adolescent pregnancy prevention and parenting in Minnesota.
The awards are presented at the MOAPPP annual conference on May 6, 2005. MOAPPP currently seeks nominations for the award recipients. Please let us know about individuals, agencies, and programs you work with that deserve to be recognized by their peers. With your help, we can honor the remarkable efforts going on throughout the state.
If you wish to nominate a person or organization, please feel free to fill out our nomination form.
Please send nominations to Brigid Riley at email@example.com or via fax at 651-644-1417 by April 15, 2005.
There are five award categories. Choose one category for your nomination. Please do not nominate the same person for more than one award.
- Outstanding Individual: Awarded to a person who has made an outstanding contribution to the field of adolescent pregnancy prevention, pregnancy care and/or adolescent parenting.
- Teen of the Year: Awarded to a young person(s) who has provided leadership, serving as a role model to other young people in the community.
- Policymaker of the Year: Awarded to a local or state policymaker who has provided valuable leadership in support of policies or legislation affecting adolescent pregnancy prevention and parenting issues.
- Member of the Year: Awarded to the MOAPPP member who has made an outstanding contribution to the organization.
- Program, Coalition or Agency of the Year: Awarded to the program, coalition or agency that has made an outstanding contribution to improving the quality of life for teens at risk, pregnant teens and/or teen parents.