Helping Teen Parents Succeed
The following is a collection of resources for teen parents. Please click on the hyperlinks to be directed to each site.
Meeting Their Economic Needs
- The Housing Finance Authority, www.mhfa.state.mn.us, for information on subsidized housing.
- Department of Human Services, www.dhs.state.mn.us/, for information on MFIP and other income support programs.
- Department of Children, Families and Learning for general information on educational resources.
- Office of Economic Security for information on job training resources.
- Early Childhood and Family Initiatives for information on early childhood and parenting education.
- MN Department of Health for information about mental health services.
- MN Department of Health for information about health care resources and WIC.
- Advocates For Youth provides information and advocacy materials to help promote health decision making about sexuality among youth.
- The Alan Guttmacher Institute provides data about teen pregnancy and related issues.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Division of Adolescent and School Health provides data on health risks facing adolescents.
- Child Trends, Inc. provides data on teen pregnancy and other issues regarding the well-being of children.
- Kids Count provides data that tracks the well being of children in a community. Data is available nationally and on a state by state basis.
- National Fatherhood Initiative provides information about how to encourage fathers to be involved in their children's lives.
- National Organization on Adolescent Pregnancy, Parenting and Prevention provides information about teen pregnancy and related issues.
- Office of Population Affairs administers Titles X and XX family planning programs
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America provides information about contraception.
- Sex Etc. is a website produced by teens for teens that has information about sex, STDs, drinking, drugs and other health issues facing teenagers.
- Center for Law and Social Policy provides information on policies relating to various issues including teen pregnancy, welfare reform and childcare.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the US (SIECUS) provides information to support sexuality education.
- The Center for Assessment and Policy Development provides information about programs that address a variety of issues, including teen pregnancy.
Contact your elected representatives about teen parenting issues:
- Governor Jesse Ventura, www.mainserver.state.mn.us/governor/
- The MN House of Representatives, www.house.leg.state.mn.us
- The MN Senate, www.senate.leg.state.mn.us
- The US House of Representatives, www.house.gov
- The US Senate, www.senate.gov
- The White House, www.whitehouse.gov