Federal Teen Pregnancy Prevention Funding Guidelines Announced
The federal Office of Adolescent Health has released guidelines for two different funding opportunities. Tier One funds are for of replication of evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programs. Tier Two funds are for research and demonstration grants to develop, replicate, refine and test additional models and innovative strategies for preventing teen pregnancy. Both announcements are available on the federal Office of Adolescent Health website.
Four funding ranges have been identified:
- Range A: $400,000 to $600,000 per year
- Range B: $600,000 to $1,000,000 per year
- Range C: $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 per year
- Range D: $1,500,000 to $4,000,000 per year
- Letter of Intent: May 3, 2010
- Application: June 1, 2010
After careful review of both announcements, MOAPPP has decided to submit an application for Tier One funds to support Minnesota organizations in replicating one of three evidence-based programs we currently train on:
- Making Proud Choices
- Teen Outreach Program (TOP)
See MOAPPP's Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention webpage for more information on each program.
MOAPPP released a Request for Proposals to identify organizations that are interested in faithfully replicating one of these programs. We are currently reviewing applications and MOAPPP will notify the selected agencies no later than Friday, May 21, 2010.
Federal Teen Pregnancy Prevention Funding Information Session
These handouts were shared at MOAPPP's February 17 and March 3, 2010 information sessions.
- MOAPPP's Federal Teen Pregnancy Prevention Funding Information Session (PDF)
- Resources for Federal Funding Applications (PDF)
- Some Federal Funding Requirements (PDF)
- Suggested Guidelines for Writing Federal Proposals (PDF)
- Probable Federal Budget Categories (Excel)
- Estimated Expense of Training and Technical Assistance (Excel)
- Sample Evaluation Services Contract (PDF)