Welcome to Teenwise Minnesota
Teenwise Minnesota is the statewide leader in promoting adolescent sexual health, preventing adolescent pregnancy and gaining support for adolescent parents. We achieve this by developing, strengthening and advancing science-based policies and programs.
Join Teenwise Minnesota on September 26 at Elsie's Restaurant for our 3rd annual Get Schooled happy hour celebrating sex education in Minnesota’s schools!
This Year's BEST Summer Blockbuster: Teenwise Minnesota's New Website!
Move over "Man of Steel" and "World War Z": the hottest summer release this year is Teenwise Minnesota's new and improved website! Scheduled to launch late summer, our new site will have increased functionality, a new design and all the information you need right at your fingertips!
New Teenwise Minnesota Publication Now Available!
Make Sexual Health Education Happen in Your School: A Guide for Advocates and Administrators
This guide (PDF) is based on the work of a coalition called the Minneapolis Urban Initiative (MUI), which formed with the goal of making sexual health education available to middle and high school students in Minneapolis, MN. Coalition members decided to document the coalition's work so that it could serve as a model for making sexual health education part of the educational agenda in other school districts. To that end, this guide is developed to assist educators, advocates, administrators and parents who hope to make sexual health education available in their schools.
2013-16 Strategic Plan
The Board and staff of Teenwise Minnesota are excited to share our newly adopted strategic plan outlining the goals, strategies and expanded work that we will be engaging in over the next three years.
In addition to this plan, you can find Teenwise Minnesota's newly adopted Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles on our website.
If you have any questions or would like to share your ideas or need more information, Teenwise welcomes the opportunity to talk with you. Please contact Executive Director, Judith Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651-289-1382.
Did You Know?
Teenwise Minnesota has both a Facebook and Twitter page? Make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter so you can receive the latest information and research on adolescent sexual health.
- Implementing the National Sexuality Education Standards in Minnesota Classrooms Webinar Recording
- 2012 Minnesota Adolescent Sexual Health Report and County-Specific Reports
- National Sexuality Education Standards Webinar Recording
- CDC Report: Teen Pregnancy in the US from 1991-2009
- Minnesota 2011 STD Data
- Minnesota 2011 HIV/AIDS Data
- 2010 Minnesota Student Survey: Sexual Health Data Not So Positive (PDF)
- Births: Preliminary Data for 2010 (PDF)
- State Policies in Brief: Sex and HIV Education (PDF)
- 2012 Minnesota Adolescent Sexual Health Report (PDF)
- 2013 Training and Education Calendar (PDF)s
- Teenwise Menu of Services (PDF)
- August E-Monthly